Image Map

Tuesday 25 November 2014

The Perfect, All Round Cleanser | Lush Ultrabland



I bought the LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser after a recommendation from one of the girls in the shop. When I first read up on the product it had mixed reviews, however, I'm always willing to give new products a go! I had been using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish for years before I discovered this gem, and although I still love it, it’s taken a back seat for the moment. Lush Ultrabland is said to be the cleanser that Lush fanatics swear by, and I can see why! 


The packaging is pretty standard, the simple black lush tub.  The product itself is lovely, made primarily with beeswax and rose, it’s very much like a balm rather than a cream cleanser…almost like the much talked about Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm.  The cleanser also contains honey, which has amazing antiseptic qualities so helps to keep blemishes at bay! The only downfall is the smell, the product is made from beeswax, so obviously has a slight waxy smell, it’s not unbearable, it just doesn't smell lovely. 



I massage this product across my face in circular motions before taking it off with a damp, warm cloth; I like to use the muslin cloths from Liz Earle. A little goes a long way, as when you warm the product up in your hands it seems to multiply. It takes all my foundation off really well, although can leave some mascara, but we all know that mascara can be stubborn! So, I recommend using a separate eye make up remover. After cleansing I always sweep some toner – I like the Liz Earle Skin Tonic - over my face using a cotton pad, then follow with moisturiser. Since using this, my skin has never felt so soft, you almost 'glow' after using this cleanser. 



I really do love this product; it’s a staple cleanser for those who have sensitive skin, as the ingredients are all natural. In fact, I think this would work for any skin type.  Lush claims that if you use this everyday, you'll see improvements, as it bring the skin 'back into balance' and I couldn't agree more!

Verdict: It doesn’t smell great, but it’s a great price, ideal for sensitive skin and definitely worth a try! 


LUSH Ultrabland Facial Cleanser (RRP £6.95 45g/RRP £10.95 100g) is available from LUSH stores.

What are your holy grail cleansers?

Lots of love,

Hayley x


No comments:

Post a Comment