Image Map

Saturday 3 January 2015

High End to High Street: Creating Chanel's Look For Less

Being a student, I'm always on the look out for affordable products that rival the quality of products from higher end brands.  Time after time I see campaigns promoting items that aren't so bank balance friendly, which leaves me lusting after these gorgeous products until my next pay cheque arrives.  However, with a good collection of tried and tested high street products, here I'm going to teach you how to take this High End look to the High Street.  

Chanel is definitely a luxurious brand and one that many of us won't be purchasing from that often!  However, that's not to say that we can't create Chanel's stunning looks for a fraction of the price.  I was looking through some Chanel campaigns and this one caught my eye, the natural glow to the skin is just beautiful, and the overall look is perfect for both day and night.  Below I've shown you exactly how to create this stunning makeup, using products purely from the UK High Street.



Image Credit: POPSUGAR Beauty Australia. Available at: http://www.popsugar.com.au/beauty/Check-Out-Chanel-Rouge-Coco-Shine-Lipstick-Ad-Campaign-Starring-Vanessa-Paradis-14731603. 



Here's how to achieve this natural glam makeup look:

For the eyes:

I started off by priming the eyes using Kiko's Eye Base Primer, this adds to the longevity of any shadows and creates a smooth surface to the lid.  Sometimes I set the primer with a Translucent Powder, something like Rimmel Stay Matte will do, as this helps the blending of shadows and takes the slight tackiness away from the eye base.  Taking MUA's Undress Me Too Palette, which is a dupe for Urban Decays Naked 2 Palette at a fraction of the price, I took the shade Shy and applied this over the lid with a small flat shader brush.  I then took Lavish with a fluffy brush and swept this through the crease and onto the bottom lash line with a pencil brush.  To deepen the crease, I used the shade Dreamy with a smaller crease brush.  I think this eye look is all about the lashes, so to complete the look I added lashings of Collections Doll'd Up Mascara to my models top and bottom lashes and added some Eyelure 035 falsies for length and volume!

For the Face:

I wanted to keep the skin very natural and glowy to replicate the campaign.  My models skin was well moisturised using a rich moisturiser, so the next step was to prime.  To give that luminous glow, I used Loreal's Lumi Magique Primer then applied Loreal True Match Foundation with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush.  I covered any blemishes with Collections Lasting Perfection Concealer, I applied this under the eyes too.  I applied Kiko's Glow Touch (I think this was limited edition, sorry!) to the apples of the cheek for a subtle flush of colour, then contoured lightly using Sleek's Face Contour Kit with an Elf Duo Fibre Face Brush.  To complete the glowing skin, I used Kiko's Radiant Touch Creamy Stick Highlighter on the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and the Cupid's bow.  I'm loving Kiko at the moment, there products are so affordable yet such high quality!

For the Lips:

To complete this natural glam look, I simply added a touch of Nyx Lipgloss in Beige.  My absolute favourite high street nude pink gloss!





Are there any high street products you love? Leave me a comment and let me know below!

Love,

Hayley x


No comments:

Post a Comment