Image Map

Friday 2 January 2015

All Eyes on You: Hair and Makeup Addiction Special Eyes Kit Review

For a while now, I have been hearing Youtuber after Youtuber rave about Hair and Makeup Addiction Brushes.  Not only that, I often see an Instagram post daily about these little beauties! After hearing such good things and being the beauty junkie that I am, the 'Special Eyes Kit' made it onto my Christmas List straight away and I was lucky enough to find these sitting under my tree on Christmas Morning.

Hair and Makeup Addiction is a company based in the UK, and is completely vegan friendly.  Their brushes are made with synthetic taklon fibres (which are extremely soft and allow a seamless blend of product!) and with bamboo handles these brushes are also extremely eco-friendly.  The Special Eyes Kit is a set of six brushes that retails for £20, you can purchase them here. The brushes came packaged in a cute pink drawstring bag which adds a really sweet touch.  I'll start by saying the quality of these brushes are like no other in there price range, the synthetic bristles are super soft to touch but dense enough for good product application and blending.  The set consists of The Detailer, The Blender, The Queen, The Highlighter, The Liner and The Shader which I will talk about in more detail below.




The Detailer:


This brush is perfect for precisely applying colour onto the inner tear duct area, as well as smudging out colour onto the bottom lash line.  The Detailer is one of the more dense brushes out of the collection, so can also be used to really define the crease/outer v too.  If you're a fan of a cut crease, you need this brush in your life!

The Blender:


Here I present to you, my new favourite blending brush!  This brush is the perfect size for applying your crease colour and really creates a nice, diffused look to your eyeshadow with no harsh lines.  I like to use this brush in circular motions through the crease to create that seamless effect, but sweeping the brush backwards and forwards for a more natural makeup works just as well.  I have also used The Blender to precisely apply highlighter to the high points of my face, so its a real multi-tasker. 

The Queen:


I think this might be my favourite brush from the set, its a multi-purpose brush that literally can be used for everything!  Its a bit like The Blender, only bigger and slightly more dense.  So far I have used this as a face brush to apply powder, highlighter, concealer and have also used this to create a strong contour.  When it comes to using it as an eye brush, it can be used to apply a primer to the lid and I love using it to blend out the edges of my eyeshadow when creating a more dramatic look.  It really is The Queen of the set.

The Highlighter:


On the Hair and Makeup Addiction website, The Highlighter is said to be perfect for highlighting the brow bone and for precise contour of the nose.  I totally agree that this is a great brush for contouring, however I feel personally that this brush is a tiny bit too big for highlighting the brow bone!  I have loved using this to blend out concealer over any blemishes though, its really soft so blends the product immaculately. 

The Liner:


Perfect for use with any gel liner, The Liner is also great for defining the brows.  Now I'm not really much of a liner girl so I haven't had much use out of this brush for that specific purpose, however this has been a god-send when filling in my brows with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade.  This brush is super thin and fairly dense, so allows you to create a really sharp yet still natural shape to the brows. 

The Shader:


Finally, we have The Shader, great for concealing hard to reach areas but also lovely to use for packing colour onto the eyelid.  Personally, I like a more fluffy brush to apply concealer but I have had so much use out of this when applying pigment onto the lid.  This brush is flat and slightly tapered so fits into the corners of the eyes no trouble, you may also like this brush for sculpting out the brows.

Overall, I can honestly say these brushes are amazing!  They are affordable but the quality is incredible, I would recommend these brushes to any make-up newbies as they don't break the bank but the quality will allow you to really perfect your skills.  Saying that, to any Make-Up Artists out there, I highly recommend you try these out too!  The quality rivals any other high-end brush brand including MAC, Sigma and even everyone's beloved Real Techniques!  I will definitely be purchasing more Hair and Makeup Addiction Brushes, next on my Wishlist is the Essential Face Kit!

Verdict: I love them, my new favourite eye brushes!

Where to buy: You can purchase these brushes and many more from www.hairandmakeupaddiction.co.uk. 


Have you tried any Hair and Makeup Addiciton Brushes? What are your thoughts?

Love,

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment